It’s true! Connection is what gives meaning and purpose to our lives, but connecting can be challenging during a global pandemic.
Here are 2 apps that can help.
Using the Remind app, teachers can send messages however they want: text, web, app or email. The Remind app is intuitive, easy-to-use, compatible with different platforms, safe, and free. It’s the perfect app to get and keep you connected with students, parents, and teachers.
If we want our students to be empathetic, we have to teach them. Creating an opportunity to see the world through other students’ eyes is a great empathy teaching tool. Empatico is a free platform designed to connect students from around the world and includes activities, lessons and tools. Empatico even matches schedules due to time zone differences!
For Connecting With Parents:
From Common Sense Media, how to Power Up Your Parent Communication with ideas for proactively communicating with parents.
For Staying Connected:
Continuing Education Courses:
- 5037: Stronger School Communities Through Improved Communication
- 5058: Building Strong Relationships in the Classroom, Care to Connect
- 5093: Digital Tools in the Connected Classroom
- 5095: Teaching with Video to Support Digital Classroom Success
- 5844: Engaging Parents for Student Success
Learners Edge Offers 100+ Self-Paced, Online,
Graduate Credit Continuing Education Courses for Teachers