Information on expectations, actions and more related to coursework within your Fast Track course.
What are the expectations for my coursework?
- You should complete your course in sequential order as content often builds from one module to the next.
- To complete the assigned work for Modules 1 and 2, you’ll read and view content-specific resources, then record your reflections, insights, and new learning in either a paper or digital journal. Please note, the journal will not be submitted, however, your notes and reflections from your journal will be used to complete the Reflection Requirement and Application Requirement in Module 3.
- At the conclusion of Modules 1 and 2, you will complete a 10-question Progress Check assessment. These Progress Checks will not be included in your final course grade, however, a score of 70% or higher is considered passing and passing scores are required for course completion. You will have multiple retake opportunities.
To access your Progress Check assessment, scroll to the bottom of the module page and click “Next.”
You are now ready to begin the assessment. Click “Take the Quiz” to begin. There is no time limit, and you will have multiple opportunities to submit your answers, if needed. Click “Submit Quiz” when you are finished.
If you’ve completed the quiz with a score of 70% (7 out of 10) or higher, click “Next” at the bottom of the screen to continue on. You’ll follow the same procedure for the Progress Check at the conclusion of Module 2. If you’ve scored below 70%, you can make another attempt by clicking the “Take the Quiz Again” button.
How long should it take me to complete my course?
To achieve the level of learning required, please commit approximately 45 hours to successfully complete a 3-credit course (15 hours per credit).
How do I format my written work?
Please use the following guidelines to format your written work.
- 12 pt. font
- Double or single spaced
- Clearly number and label:
- each section (Application 1a., 1b., 1c.)
- each PDF to include the module number (Module 1.pdf).
One multi-page PDF document is preferred, but additional documents (presentation, lesson plan, etc.) are accepted.
Learn how to convert files to PDF here.
What’s the due date for my coursework?
Your coursework due date is the end date for the session you’ve enrolled in (see below). Course work must be received by by 11:55 pm CST on the corresponding due date. If the due date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, your coursework is due on the following business day.
- Spring Session: April 15
- Summer Session: August 15
- Fall Session: November 15
What if I need an extension?
Learners Edge offers a grace period of 1 week past the session due date. Beyond that, please contact our Customer Service Team for further options at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I complete my coursework if I don’t have access to students?
Teaching and learning can still take place if you aren’t currently in the classroom or interacting with students!
In assignments where we ask you to implement or try a strategy/lesson, etc. with students, it is acceptable to:
- Virtually implement a strategy/lesson with students
- Hypothesize about how you believe students may respond to the use of the new strategy/lesson
- Rely on your previous experiences
The same guidelines apply to assignments that require interactions with colleagues.
More questions? We're just a chat or phone call away.