Hybrid: Raise the Bar: Positive Interventions for Students Who Challenge Us
Goals and Objectives of this Course:
As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
1. Understand the structure behind problem behaviors, including setting, triggering antecedent(s), and function.
2. Identify appropriate use of incentives, positive reinforcement and natural and logical consequences.
3. Understand and apply functional behavioral assessments to create effective and efficient behavioral intervention plans.
4. Review and assess case studies of students who have successfully moved through the process identified in the course text.
5. Be both proactive and reactive with regards to crisis behaviors.